Friday, October 19, 2007

The art of walking around in circles

I have MASTERED the art of walking around in circles. Let me know your thoughts. Do you ever find yourself starting something, walking away for just a second, and starting something else, then another, and then forgetting where you started to the point where you have the washing machine on, but there are no clothes in it? And the water is running to do dishes, but your 2 rooms away? Or even better, you were boiling water for a cup of tea, and it evaporated because you started cleaning out your t-shirt drawer? Am I the only scatter brain out there?

3 comments:

Joanna B said...

Are you kidding me....I put butter on the stove to melt, ran downstairs to check something on the computer for a second and set my kitchen on fire! Who can beat that one!

Reggie said...

OMG - I do this all of the time. I must go up and down the stairs 100 times a day. I go upstairs to do something and start doing something totally different than what I went upstairs for and then I go downstairs and do the same thing.

I thought it was old age setting in. It is comforting to know that a youngin like yourself has the same issues :}

Anonymous said...

I think this happens to EVERYONE - if not I would be shocked. And the part that kills me is that I can start in my bedroom and next thing I know the rest of the house looks great but when I go into my room to go to sleep I am ready to have a nervous breakdown because it is a mess. I feel like since it is the last room I am in and the first room I start my day in I would like it to be somewhat livable - BUT it also seems to be the spot for everything that no one else that lives in my house knows what to do with. This morning for instance Joe and I had a sword fight dressed as Spiderella and Spiderman Underwater (flippers, goggles etc.) Oh wait maybe some stuff they leave is actually fun!!! :)

When I was on maternity leave both times it was worse - I think I always felt like - oh I have the whole day ahead of me - and the next thing I knew it was 5:00 and I hadn't even thought about dinner. Talk about walking around in big circles.....