Monday, October 29, 2007

It's starting MUCH too soon....

I didn't think i would be seeing this so soon. As my daughter asked me for a pen and paper in the car so she could write down a few things that she would like for Christmas, I was curious too see what it said. My daughter is a people person. She was the child that had a room full of toys, and never played with one. She was also always the kid that while most of the kids were playing, she was trying to catch an adults ear, or listen in if she could get away with it. She recently interogated her Grandfather's new friend. "How often do you spend time with my grandfather?" she asks...."Do you see him everyday?" "Where do you live?".....that's my girl. But when I got the list back, I saw something on there that I was hoping not to see for atleast 4 more years. ABERCROMBIE clothes. Ugh! At 9? She made 2 new friends this year, and I think I knew it was coming, but I was in denial. I had no intention of introducing her to stores like that until she had a job and could buy them herself. That's how it went down in my house growing up. If your wondering what else was on the list...let me see....rainbows, ipod money(she says her Dad put the WORST songs on her Ipod. her's a few....Another one bites the dust-Queen, Video killed the radio star, grease lightning, Hello-The doors--Good songs to me!) , a skateboard, boy clothes, which I changed to girls clothes, skater sneakers. I think that was it. Not too bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those of you that know Miss Danielle know how important her wardrobe is to her!!! Her favorite store is a place called Justice - it is basically just like Limited Too (both crazy if you ask me) - well Justice used to only be at Myrtle Beach so we would go to the store twice a year - well guess what - they now have two in CHARLOTTE!!! Yikes. Here is my approach - I will go in "those types" of stores but I walk directly to the clearance rack -I look at everything in her size and the next size and if there is a good deal I will get stuff - if not - oh well better luck next time. I do this is most places - not necessarily clearance but absolutely sale and I am on more mailing lists then you can imagine so I always have a coupon of some sort for an additional % off.

My daughter has seen me do this for so many years that at this point she does the same thing!!! She just got a gift card to Justice for her Birthday so when we went there the first thing she did was hit the clearance rack - she found a beautiful halter dress (that was still $24 on clearance!!) in brown and teal in a size 8 which will be perfect in the spring. I told her in the store now you know you won't be able to wear this now you will have to wait blah, blah, blah - and she was fine with it. Then she picked up a shirt from the full price rack - but she loved it and since it was her birthday money she decided to splurge. And then at the register she turned to me and said "Mom do you have a coupon for me?" and sure enough we had an additional 20% off because it was her birthday month.

So ladies get on the mailing lists and get your coupons!!!