Friday, October 19, 2007

The pain of the "overdraft"

Don't you love when you check your bank account on line, and your total is in parenthesis? I can't think of anything that aggravates me more(I'm sure I could, but not right at the moment). I was charged $35 for going over $2.13, and my paycheck hit, but it wasn't "available" yet. Needless to say I marched myself right into the bank in my pajamas ready to battle this morning. Then when I was faced with a senior citizen at the help desk, my whole demeanor changed. Luckily, that sweet lady offered to refund the charge, I didn't even have to ask. Then some other woman who clearly doesn't have children gave my less than 2 year old a lollypop at 9:36am. But that's a whole other post....

4 comments:

triciao said...

I love that you were in your pajamas, that is priceless. I usually have the common sense to at least ask the parent discretely if the child is allowed to have a lolly, but usually wait until after lunchtime.

I hate drivers that just cut in front of you as if you are not there, no signal, no looking, no clue, no nothing. You have to be the one that is watching out for them because they clearly are in a their own world, one where they don't have to look out for anyone, but everyone has to look out for them.

Anonymous said...

BEEN THERE AND DEFINATELY DONE THAT, PAJAMAS AND A BASEBALL CAP....YOU KNOW ITS TRUE!!! LOL (I CAN PICTURE YOU) AT LEAST YOU KEPT YOUR COMPOSURE AT THE END, I CANT BE TOO SURE THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE THROWN THE 'LOLLY' RIGHT BACK AT THE LADY!
P.S. TO YOUR LAST COMMENT RE:DRIVERS....HAHAAHAHAAAAAI LOVE THEM!!!!!!! LIKE I LOVE MY 29MILE/2HOUR COMMUTE!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

Anonymous said...

HEY COLLEEN, I CAN DEFINITELY SEE YOU RUNNING TO THE BANK IN YOUR JAMIES. WITH ALL THE PEOPLE WE TAKE CARE OF AND THE TIME RESTRAINTS ON US, I SAY JUST DO IT.! AS FOR DAWNE, HER JAMMIES ARE PART OF THE "USUAL OUTFITS", LOL LOVE YOU ANYWAY. SUSAN

Anonymous said...

All I am going to add is - those of you that knew and loved Nanny Connie know that she would be ashamed of Colleen going even to the mail box in her pajamas!!! Oh and for those who don't see my daughter Danielle on a daily basis - she has lots and lots of my grandmother in her. She changes at least 3 times before she gets just the right outfit - and she rarely wears sneakers and she changes her purse to match her outfit - and yes she just only turned 8 on Sunday 10/21!!!!