Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fashion 101

Let me start this off by saying that this is MY opinion. There are fashions that will be on my "can't do it" list, that many women I know can ROCK. These are just my personal preferences. Also please consider the source. An Italian "Guido" from New York, and proud of it. I love stiletto's, sequence, beads, fur collars, rhinestones, big earrings, high fashion glasses, pointed boots-you get the picture.

Gotta have it

Boots in black and brown-up to the knee. I can't stand when someone sits down, and you can see where their boot ends.
Black, Brown, and a RED purse. Love the red accent. One pair of red shoes too.
Costume Jewelry-real jewelry is beautiful, costume jewerly accents an outfit better.
A pair of "old school" sneakers.(Nike's with the...you know, Puma's)
Assortment of flip-flops
Large silver hoops
1 or 2 pairs of sexy shoes. (Mine include 4 inch lepoard peep toe pumps)
Little Black Dress
Favorite Jeans
A red shirt-this took me years. Not the first color I pick up. Great for the holiday season.
Wide bottom sweats
Hoodies
skull caps
Thermal shirts to go under t-shirts. Another "old school" look.

Can't do it

These first few are only appropriate for 6 foot tall "glasses of water" to quote my Grandmother.
Skinny Jeans
Leggings
Sweater dresses
jeans tucked in the boot

Colored Jeans
Capri's and boots(I know this is very popular-I just can't do it)
Tights or stockings of any kind-even in the winter.
FLATS-those little rounded toe flats. I wish I could send them back to the 80's where they belong. I know half the world wears them.
Black Jeans
Turtle Necks(another popular one. I start to choke just looking at them)
Visible Bra strap with ANY type of shirt UNLESS it is the same exact color. When I see a bra strap with a halter, I want to call the fashion Po-Po.
Another personal one that many people wear. Any shirt that has a tie that ties around the back. My immediate thought-Maternity wear.
A busted pedicure-put some sneakers on girl.
Acrylic Nails
High waisted pants. Even Hollywood women look awful in these.

Aaahhhh...that was fun. I could do this all day....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chuckle, chuckle....u funny connie!!!! i have never really put as much thought into it, i can agree with most of what you say (tho i dont have alot of those items you mentioned as must haves) i admit guilt tho on at least two of your CANTS: 1)capris with boots (never thought i could but, it grew on me, i wore them tuesday! ;) 2) the strap showing thing, i've been there with tanks, but a halter...HELLS NO, besides i own one and i wear it to the beach ONLY!!!
OMG sidenote for ya:
i promise i will not wear skinny pants ever, ever, ever again-hahahha
how bout this blast from the effin 80's (mind you, i seen it in rite-aid the other day) LMAO..... ready???!!!!! ok...brace yaself.................
STIRRUPS!!!!!!!!! i think she was even wearing lil skippies (like fake keds or something) I JUST CANT!!!!! still LMAO
<3 ya-----dawnie

Anonymous said...

i gotta be honest, coll....i do alot of your fashion "dont's". so i guess i know how you really feel about my fashion sense now....lol