Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My "unusual" hatred for Stuffed Animals

I really do absolutely hate them. They are a complete waste of money. I think they should become extinct. They are useless, dust collecting, clutter making, stuffed fur balls that serve absolutely no purpose. I despise them so much to the point that when I had my son, I specifically told everyone I knew NOT to buy him any stuffed animals. My daughter stuffed him 1 bear at build-a-bear and left it undressed-and that is the only one he has SO FAR in his 2 years(almost) of life. My daughter has several,(excluding all of the ones that I loaded up in a garbage bag when she wasn't looking over the years) and they pile in a corner of her room. I feel dirty just looking at them. Some of them are even the cheap ugly ones that you win at carnivals-you know the hideous "Hot Pink" ones holding some ugly rose....but she won it, so how do I throw it out? I told her tonight that when she wasn't home I threw every single stuffed animal she owned in the trash. She said..."Don't even SPEAK to me Mom!" So I had to tell her I was just joking with her. I am guessing by her reaction that I will be looking at those stinkin' stuffed animals for a while longer. Great.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so with you as far as having to many stuffed animals!!! Having 2 kids who already take singulair for allergies/slight asthma I do all I can to avoid dust collectors.

But I hope Big Joseph doesn't hear about this - he did pick out the (at the time) life size Winnie The Pooh for Amber all on his own!!!