Thursday, November 8, 2007

No she didn't......

My daughter. She tried to pull her very first (of many I'm sure) "let me stuff this in my bag and put it on when I get to school....." On Monday, her grandfather bought her a new pair of flip flops. Well, all week long she has tried relentlessly every morning to wear them. I told her every morning that it is too cold for flip flops-put them away until the spring. I know this may not seem like a very big deal, but it is to me, and I will tell you why. Everytime I see a child at school with shorts on in the winter, or any other type of wardrobe malfunction, my very first thought is....."Where is her mother?" Well I intend never to be that mother that the other mothers are talking about. So anyway, she goes to her Dad's last night, deliberately puts the flip flops in her school bag, and slips through the cracks over there and wears them to school. In conversation with Alex this morning, he told me there was an argument about the flip flops, and that she went to school in them. You better believe I marched myself right up to that school with a pair of socks and sneakers. I was HOT. How dare she go behind my back and be sneaky like that. I wanted to go straight to her classroom, and call her out and make her put them on, but they wouldn't let me. So I called her down to the office-she was white as a ghost. I STERNLY told her that she went behind my back, and now I don't know if I can trust her....and I went on and on a bit to get my point across. She was looking all around as if to say "Your embarrassing me Mom". I was waiting for her to say it too...because my response would have been.."Well you embarrassed me by coming to school in flip flops in 40 degree weather. As long as I am clearly still in charge of her wardrobe-what I say goes! I did get a written apology though....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I was home before school this would be a daily event in my house. But for some reason Miss Danielle doesn't give Nana a hard time like she would me - she must know better.

Good thing you went to the school to give her the senakers - I am that mother that would have been looking at Amber saying "Where is her mother" and my next thought would have been "probably all done up and put together shopping somewhere!!!"