Thursday, November 1, 2007

Where do the socks go?

Has anyone been able to solve this Mystery? I bet even Scooby Doo can't figure this one out. I just folded laundry, and I have SEVEN socks that don't have a match. They are all white. I would have never guessed that over time my children and I come up with 7 different styles of white socks. Who knew? And where are the socks? I periodically look behind the machine, I look in our drawers, and I put them to the side. I would say 50% of them show up, but I would still love to know where the other socks go? Does the machine eat them? And if so, which machine? Washer or dryer? Why socks, and never small pairs of underwear? Or does that happen too, but you just don't notice because there isn't another one that has no match? I think this is a mystery that will haunt us all forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - here is what I do now to sort of help with this - I buy all the same socks - like everytime I buy them I get lets say hanes with a gray bottom - so it I lose a few there is always another one that has lost it's partner!!! Now that works with the white socks for all of us - but not the fancy socks - that - well I have pretty much just given up - but you have a great point about the small underwear!!!

Oh PS I just found a Navy Blue sock from Children's Place between my washer and dryer that is Baby Alex's size!!! Do you have the other at your place? :)

Joanna B said...

i hate that and if anyone ever figures it out, i want to know. i think it's the washer that eats them!