Monday, January 7, 2008

Being a Woman Sucks Sometimes......

Think about it...a man gets up, takes a shower, shaves, throws his clothes on, and he's out the door. DONE. A man with good hair might have to give 3 extra minutes throwing some gel in there, and creating his faux-hawk. My son ROCKS the faux-hawk by the way. He knows he looks good too. My little overweight lova. Anyway..with a man, what you see is what you get. Now as a woman-it's a whole other story. A man can go on an overnight with a nap sack. A woman couldn't possibly fit her clothes, make-up bag, blow-dryer, straightening iron, hair products, feminine products, shoes, and everything else in a duffel bag. When we get dressed...it goes something like this. How am I feeling today? Because that will depend on what we pull out of our closet. Do I feel sexy? Fat? Tired? Cute? Where are we going? To "heel" or not to heel? Fitted or loose? Then there's...these panties don't work with these pants and this bra isn't quite right with this shirt and do I really want to be burdened with a strapless bra all day? Let me make sure my socks match just in case my destination is a place where there is a "leave your shoes at the door" policy. If I wear this shirt with these pants, I may expose my muffin top to the world when I sit down. Or your outfit is picked out and ready to go, and then you look down and realize that your pedicure is offensive. Now don't get me wrong, this doesn't take hours, this all happens in split seconds. We are so used to this, it's second nature. Then there's hair. My hair is extremely long, and thick, and a bizarre curly/wavy. If I had curly hair, I would embrace it, but it's kind of an ugly in between. Therefore, my blow dryer, hair products and I are the best of friends. I dread it too. It's one of my least favorite things to do. Very time consuming. Then there's make-up, tweezing of the eyebrows (TORTURE, I go for the RIP wax..the pluck-pluck is too much for me to bare) Making sure your legs and pits are hair free, making sure you don't have any broken finger nails (every girl should throw am "emery board" in their purse. To quote my Nanny Connie.) I don't know about you, but I feel naked without earrings, so if I forget them-I'm mad. The list goes on and on.....I would just love to get up, and get out the door in 15 minutes, rocking a t-shirt and jeans and sticking my wallet in my back pocket, and looking my best. I'm hairy-who cares! I have a bit of a belly-great! my hair is a mess-where's my hat? Gentlemen....make sure you tell your wife how beautiful she is on a regular basis. We really do work hard at it.

No comments: