Friday, January 25, 2008

Cycling

I can't. I simply can NOT. If I ruled the world, once you were too old to jump curbs, and stand on pegs, you would have to retire your bicycle. The only bicycles that would be available for adults would be stationary bikes at the gym. I can not fathom how people ride their bicycles in the street. Right on the road! I understand that if your riding with speed, riding on the sidewalk can be tedious, but what I don't understand is how people ride with their back to the traffic. Yeah, yeah, going with the flow would make for less of an impact if you got creamed by a car, I get all of that, but I have to say, if I road a bicycle on the street and had to ride with the flow of traffic, I would have an anxiety attack and fall out before I made it a quarter mile down the road. I pray that my children have no desire to be cyclist. I would lose years off my life every time they left the house. When I am driving next to a cyclist, I am a nervous wreck. I can't wait to pass them. I can't imagine how they feel and what's going through their mind. "Well, I'm going out for a bike ride. Hopefully no one will smash into me with their car and send me flying 50 feet to my possible death. I hope that lady putting on her mascara, or that man with road rage is paying enough attention to notice me and the fact that they are 2 inches away from me. I am going to go put my life on the line-to go for a bike ride." No offense to the passionate cyclists, but this is very peculiar to me. Not to mention the severe fashion No-No's, especially for men, when it comes to cycling. Let's not even go there. ;0)

No comments: