Thursday, January 31, 2008

February 10th....I can't wait.

February 10th will be a magical day for me. I am going to be Baptized at my church. I was Baptized as a baby, and that was my parents promising God to raise me with the Lord in my life and teach me how to live life through Him and with Him. I am glad that I was Baptized as a baby, and I wouldn't change that. My babies have been Baptized as well. Now, it's time for me to "Man Up" and make the same promises, as my own promises, not someone else making them for me. You feel me? You see where I'm coming from? A dedication to the Lord, a cleansing, a show of faith made by me directly. This is not a "pour some holy water on my head" kind of ceremony. I'll be completely submurged into water, and brought back up. Cleansed. Made New. Refreshed. With bad hair and runny make-up. GREATNESS. Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do. And I'm doing it! And I'm thrilled! My friends and family will be there to cheer me on. This is going to be a very special moment in my life. I can't wait. The ceremony is followed by a Celebration Feast, AND an Elevation Band CONCERT. Re-dedicating my life to the Lord, AND a CONCERT all in one day? I mean, does it get any better than that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take a lot of pride in knowing you are doing this.. Its a great step in your faith and an awesome investment that NOTHING can take away from you .. No shortage no down economy no theif can take away your faith. Hold onto it and lean on it because its a safe harbor. Its an absolutely wonderful way to show your true colors... Im so proud of you........ Personally Tx..

Anonymous said...

I am VERY proud of you... So is my mom. She is excited about coming to see you...