Friday, January 25, 2008

Name That Tune....70's Style

This never gets old. Probably my favorite-and it takes no research. They just roll out of my head. Here we go...again, I was born in the wrong era.

1. I'd like to hear some Funky Dixie land, pretty Mama come and take me by the hand..by the hand, take me by the hand pretty Mama come and dance with your Daddy All Night long.

2. There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear...there's a man with a gun over there..telling me, I've got to beware.

3. ....Wears a braided chain, made of finest silver from the North of Spain, a locket, that bares the name of a man that ____ Loved.

4. There's a road, and a distant love, where the eagle flies with the dove, and if you cant be, with the one you love, honey, ........

5. Will you meet me in the middle, will you meet me in the air. Will you love me just a little, just enough to show you care. Well I tried to fake it, I don't mind saying, I just can't make it.

6. He came from college just the other day, so much like a man I just had to say, son I'm proud of you will you sit for a while-he just shook his head, and then said with a smile, "What I'd really like Dad is to borrow the car keys-see ya later can I have them please."

7. The mountain is high, the valley is low, and your confused, on which way to go. So I've come here, to give you a hand, and lead you into, the promise land.

8. ...I bought you a crate of papaya, then waiting all night by your door. You probably wouldn't remember, I probably couldn't forget........

9. I like your picture-I keep it with your letter. Done up in blue print...it sure looks good on you. And when you smile for the camera...I know I love ya better...

10. Well I want to make love to you tonight, I can't wait till the morning has come. and I know that the time is just right-and straight into my arms you will run. Well you know my heart will be waiting, to make sure that your never alone. Then and there all my dreams will come true dear, there and then I will make you my own.

That took all of less than three minutes. Sometimes I impress myself.

No comments: