Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Simplest Way to Silence a Woman is with a Kiss

Yes. Those words left my boyfriends mouth and hit my ears. Was I offended? No. Not at all. Women have their tricks and trades just as much as men do, they just don't voice them. But I will say, we all let the "cat out of the bag" from time to time. Before any uptight women label him as a...whatever you may label that statement with, let me start by saying he is as sweet as he can be. He's an E.R. Nurse, he moved 2 hours away from his life, family and friends to care for his ill grandmother, faithfully, until the day she passed away. When I came home from N.Y., I was welcomed with 4...yes 4 different SELF MADE floral arrangements, one for each day that I was gone. He has a son that he praises to the high heavens, and means the world to him. When I get ready for a date, and he sees me for the first time, he says things that make me laugh like..."God Almighty!" But I would say the most appealing thing about him (besides being a D.J., because I do love me a music man) is that he is as crazy as I am. A child trapped in an adult body. So anyway, we had just eaten something, and we were watching some television. He is the typical man that when they are watching television, or playing XBOX, the house could burn down around them, and they wouldn't even notice until they physically caught on fire. So, I said something to him. I got nothin'. I said it again, and thought I was just about to get nothing once again, when he shifted his eyes to me, gave me his full undivided attention, and gave me a kiss. I have to admit. It worked. Then when he said "The simplest way to silence a woman is with a kiss", my eyes got wide and I repeated back to him what he had said. "That was terrible! It's just a theory! I can't believe I said that!" he said....so I asked him for more info. I am intrigued by what goes on in the mind of a man, and why sometimes their brains can't catch their words before they come out of their mouth. He said there's nothing else really to tell. At this point, he was probably afraid to say more. The kicker to the whole story is that he could have kissed me, and went about his television show and I would have been perfectly satisfied. For the statement I made to him when he was blatantly ignoring me was......" Gimmie a Kiss! "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally loved this post - gives great insight to the male mine. I even shared this advise with my boss (a man) in case he needed help over the weekend with his wife!!!

I love learning how the male mind works and luckily I have been blessed with a best friend who is a guy!!! We met when we were about 12 and now at 38 we are still vacationing together with our spouses and families and while we are 4 1/2 hours apart from each other we see each other lots. Another thing I love about him is for a guy he actually likes to talk!!! So it is easy to bounce things off of him and get a guys perspective. I am going to ask him about this theory next time we talk.

As my son was trying to climb in the bed with me last night and put his father out he was making his point and then when I started to say "Joseph you need to go in your room....." what did he do - he looked me dead in the eyes and GAVE ME A KISS. Guess where he slept!!! He is only 5 but apparently he catches on quickly.