Monday, February 11, 2008

The Best Sunday Ever!

Yesterday was an amazing day for me. Sunday morning service was great, and then I was Baptized in the afternoon. What an unbelievable experience. Not only being Baptized, but watching everyone else get Baptized as well. The energy in the room was off the chizzzain! It was a very touching ceremony. Yesterday also marked the 2 year anniversary for Elevation Church as well. So the vibe was indescribeable. I can't imagine how it feels for the core team to see how God has nurtured this Church, and how He has exceeded all expectations beyond belief. 165+ people were Baptized yesterday. I was the first to go in group 5. When we signed in, they asked me if I had a preference as to whom I wanted to perform my Baptism. I'm thinking that anyone that is on staff at Elevation and anyone who is as dedicated to the Lord as these guys would do just fine, so I said "No, not really." Larry Hubatka was the one who Baptized me. So he was the one that had a 50/50 chance of getting slapped around when he put the cloth over my face. I can't explain the anxiety I felt about that. I did not know how I was going to involuntarily respond to that. THANK GOD I stayed calm, cool, and collected. Larry also Baptized his 5 year old daughter yesterday. Again-I can't imagine how that felt either. This was a room full of emotion, thanks, and praise. We ate lunch together following the ceremony. I went home, showered up, and headed back for the Elevation Concert that was held last night. I had no idea that our pastor could sing. Both he and is wife Holly have some set of pipes! By the end of the evening, I was wiped out. I thought of the production team, and how their day probably ran from pre-sun up to midnight breaking down equipment. My children watched me get Baptized. My son wanted to go "swimming". He was quite the character in the audience. One girl stopped me and said he was amusing the crowd the entire time. That's my boy. I hope I am setting a good example for them, and they take their spiritual journey to higher levels as it feels right for them. I had a shirt made for myself for after the ceremony that was a Big hit. Larry Brey had me pose for photographers and video. I have to say, I have such discomfort taking pictures by myself. I don't know why, but I feel so awkward taking pictures solo. But I did it, and I did it with pride. I am very proud of myself, and all that were Baptized yesterday. February 10th 2008 marks a very special day in my life.

No comments: