Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fever + Hot Shower = FAINTING!

I fainted for the first time in my life yesterday, and it was quite frightening. I started feeling yucky on Superbowl Sunday, and it just progressed from there. Today is the first day that my body doesn't ache too much to sit up, and type. Yesterday, I headed to the shower, figuring it would make me feel better. Didn't even think to check my temperature, as I haven't ran a fever since I was small enough to be on the couch with my father rubbing me down with Vicks Vapor Rub, watching the Jetsons. Well, one thing that only a few people know about me is that I take almost a scolding shower. If anyone turns the water on after me, and gets in, I hear a skreetch of shock/pain. I don't know anyone that can stand the water as hot as I set it. So I'm in my boiling shower, and start to feel naseous. Then I start to feel like I can't get a good breath, so I stick my head out of the shower, and try to get some air. That wasn't cutting it. So, my main objective was to finish my shower(obviously I wasn't thinking clearly), get out, get my robe or a towel on, and then call to my boyfriend and tell him I felt faint. That was the plan, here is how it went down.....I remember washing my face...I remember hearing my son calling my name outside the door which was cracked open, because I can NOT take a shower with the door closed. I need AIR. I was on "the way out" as I was turning the shower off. I stepped out of the shower, tried to grab the towel? I guess? and as Robert picked my son up as the door was swinging open, I hit the ground...like a ton of bricks. In front of Robert, and my son. Smashed my head on the hardwood floor. My daughter came moments after. I was out cold, with my eyes wide open. I scared all three of them to death. "You okay Mommy? You okay?" I came to, and Robert was calling my name and he was right over me. I felt like I was in a movie. I heard Amber say..."Is she alive?" I never did finish my shower, because when Robert was holding my head he said that my hair was full of conditioner. I've been in bed ever since. We finally broke the fever today. Robert has been nursing me since Monday. He's too good to me. The lighthearted highlights to the story.....through all of this, when I stuck my head out for some air pre-fainting, my boyfriends dog had my underwear around his neck like Mardis Gras beads, when you ask my son what happened to Mommy, he slaps the floor, and says "Mommy fall down", and my boyfriend took great pleasure in setting the shower to luke warm so I could rinse my hair out, which to me is more like that Huey Lewis video where he sticks his head in the kitchen sink that is full of water and ice cubes. "I want a new drug"...yeah...that's it. He loved that. He tried to get me to take a cold shower yesterday, and I told him he would have to box me to the ground before I took a cold shower. So that's where I've been for the past few days, incase you've been missing me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wait you mean your 8 year old niece calling you to say "Oh Colly I am so sorry Robert had to see you naked and you are not even married!!!" did not make it to the light hearted moments?