Friday, February 29, 2008

Songs That Are Here To Stay

There are songs that come for a season, some come for an era and go, and then there are songs that are here to stay. Forever and ever, no matter how old they get. There are songs that have made the "Juke Box Hall of Fame", ones that are in every DJ'S vinyl collection, ones that are played at every wedding, graduation party and Sweet 16. Songs that no matter how old you are, if you are into music-you just know them. Here are a few. I may leave some out deliberately, but because this is my blog, I can pick my favorites and leave out my dislikes and that's just the way the cookie crumbles. (Example-The Chicken Dance, The Macarena etc...)

Isn't She Lovely-Stevie Wonder
Holiday-Madonna
In Your Eyes-Peter Gabriel
Let's get it On-Marvin Gaye
Walking On Sunshine-Katrina and the Waves
Knockin' on Heaven's Door-G N'R(I know they are not the original artist, but again, it's my blog)
Bennie and the Jetssssssssssssss-Sir Elton John
Stairway To Heaven-Led Zepplin
Hotel California-The Eagles
Fight for Your Right to Party-Beastie Boys
December 1963-Frankie Vallie and The Four Seasons
Tom Sawyer-Rush
The Joker-Steve Miller Band
Dream On-AeroSmith
We are Family-Sister Sledge
Landslide-Fleetwood Mac
MoonDance-Van Morrison
It Takes Two-ROB BASE BABY!!!!(Little Guido Goodness right there)
Jump Around-House of Pain
The Wall, and Time(I couldn't choose)-Pink Floyd
Sweet Home Alabama-Lynyrd Skynyrd

I have to stop before this becomes the longest Music Friday Entry Ever.

P.S. Love Song by Sara Bareilles-GREAT TUNE. Download it. Check it out. Me and Amber belt it out in the car all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Music is the road way to so many great memories!!!

My life story could be told in song and it would range from the 50's on thru today.