Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bad Singing Runs in the Family

OK, I can't sing, Neither can Amber, but we both love to sing. You would never want to be in the car with the 2 of us when a good song comes on. Let's see....some of our faves are..Mr. Brightside, Love Song, Bubbly, Just fine,(Mary J) Beautiful Girls....the list goes on and on. We SUCK too. Bad. She now sings all around the house, all night long. I can't take it anymore. If I say "Alex is starving!"she comes back with the singing version..."Aleeeeexxxx is staaaaarving". I tell her the truth too. I also tell her to "Give her mouth a rest". Did you know that's a very nice way to say shut up? Gotta keep it real. "The Lord didn't give you a good set of pipes baby, so lets move on to something else." My Mom asks her...."What did you do with the money I gave you for singing lessons?" Yeah, I know, tough love. That's just the way we are. Love us or leave us. My very favorite song to sing is "Over My Head" by the Fray. Whenever I sing, you know what Robert says to me? "Baby, don't do that again." or "You sound like a Donkey". Yesterday I called him and sang into the answering machine. He said he is going to save it for blackmail. Well I guess last night he couldn't take it any longer....I was singing... A capella-of course....and he said...."That's terrible baby." So I said "That's GOOD!"(kidding of course), and he finally said it......it finally came out...."That SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" How rude. Just for that I will be singing to him on a regular basis from now on. I bet he can't wait.

No comments: