Monday, March 17, 2008

Easter

As we approach Easter Sunday, I just wanted to say that although the Easter Bunny, coloring eggs, and egg hunting is fun and exciting, lets not lose sight of what Easter is all about-Jesus. Whether you honor him every Sunday and incorporate him into your everyday life, or whether you just think about him from time to time-this Sunday is not about big bunnies and Paas and finally being able to eat what you gave up for lent-it's about Jesus, and the ultimate sacrifice. I went to a conference this past Thursday with my Church to New Spring Church in Alderson, S.C., and they put what I am assuming is a movie up on the screens of Jesus being brutally beaten, bloody and battered, and being hung on the cross. They showed the nails, being driven into his hands. It really gripped me. It really moved me. It really upset me-to tears. Don't take Him for granted. Give him the praise that He so deserves. When your desperate, and you need something, He is the first person you run to. When you want to blame somebody-you run to Him too. How about taking some time to reflect on the good He has done for all of us. Without Him, we wouldn't exist. Teach your children about God instead of them rushing to see what kind of candy the oversized bunny brought them. Pastor Steven says there is a generation growing up that does not know the Lord, and he is right. Make the difference. Teach your children well.

I bought a great children's Resurrection kit in the Family Christian Store . It is a set of 12 colorful plastic eggs and in each egg contains a small symbol that conveys the message of Easter to children in a tangible way, and it comes with an instruction booklet containing bible stories. It was only $12.97. These little stepping stones will help them enjoy learning about God. A very wise investment for you children, and their future. Yes, we will be coloring eggs-of course-and my brother has the best Easter egg hunt that Charlotte has ever seen-I'm just saying remember what we are celebrating. Were celebrating our freedom. Given by Gods Grace.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, there actually IS a catholic religious significance of the Bunny AND coloring eggs...
I caught a video relating to this hosted by MSN on history.com! Pretty interesting, who knew?????? In fact I always kinda wondered myself, I'll try to send you the link if I can find it again. Hope everyone had fun!!
love, Dawne