Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hollywood DUI'S


Add Richie Sambora to the list. And his mug shot-WOOF! Horrific. Here's my question to all........if your rolling in the dough-WHERE THE HECK IS YOUR CHAUFFEUR???? Hello McFly! Anybody home? I know if I had any kind of substantial money-a driver would be on the top of my list. Not for drinking purposes, I'm just not a big fan of driving. I once tried to drive to New York from here. I got to Greensboro and turned around and came back home. The thought of that drive hurts my feelings. If there is another licensed driver in my car, I hand them the keys. I would rather just be a happy passenger. Have my usual great conversations with myself in my head-enjoy the scenery-you know how it goes. I'm not even talking a limo here people, I'm saying hire a person to drive your car for you. Hey, call a car service to come get you if you are drinking. Is this hard? Is it me, or is there NO reason for this? Wouldn't they rather hop in the yellow cab than have THIS photo spread out all over the world, take the chance of hurting someone-or worse, having the media down your throat, and publicly humiliating yourself? This seems like a no brainer to me. FAMOUS+MONEY+DRINKING+DRIVING=CHAUFFEUR. Seems like a simplistic formula to me.
P.S.-Drinking and driving is unacceptable whether your rich, middle class, or poor. It doesn't matter who you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did he not just come out of rehab?

I agree 100% - there is no excuse for drunk driving - none at all. Colleen and I were the victims of a drunk driver on her 21st Birthday. Not only did he hit us -he kept going - then when his car died he jumped out to run. Well lucky for us he was caught. He had no license but at least he was driving his parents car so that our medical bills were paid.

As a young 20 something I learned how to drive a 5 speed - even though I didn't own one nor had any aspirations to own one - I learned so that if my designated driver slipped in their responsibility I could at least make an effort to get us home.

Sleep at your friends, call a cab heck if you have to call your parents - trust me when I say as a mom and an Aunt I will have a no questions asked policy of one of my kids or nieces or nephews call me - I would rather that then the alternative.....

Anonymous said...

UNBELIEVABLE i tell ya.... i definitely agree with you, it was my ex-bosses' goal for 2008 she WILL have a 'driver' before '09. She says! A) the commute from LI to Queens is completely out of control B) she likes to go out and have a few from time to time and C) she DESERVES it....Being she is the owner she can certainly afford it!
your long lost friend....DAWNIE