Monday, April 14, 2008

PRECIOUS

I will never look at this word the same again. As a matter of fact, I will see a disturbing image in my mind the next few times I hear it. after this post, you will know why.

I have never been into Wizards, Swords, Hobbits/Halflings, The Undead, The Alliance, Hoards, Orks, Bow and Arrows or anything that has to do with the like. If you have ever checked my profile, these types of movies not only do not make it into my top list, their not even on the list. Then along came Robert. I tell him he's a sci-fi geek. Although, this doesn't qualify as sci-fi. It's more like...magic, imagination...well honestly I don't know what it's called. So you could imagine my dismay when he was thrilled to ask me to watch all three Lord of The Rings with him yesterday. My first thought was...NO. I'm not into that stuff. But then my ever so faithful free spirit and open mind came creeping up, and I thought 2 things. 1. It would only be right for me to at least give his interests a try. Check them out. See what they are all about. That's what you do when you care about somebody, and want to get to know everything about them. He gets stuck doing the tango with my daughter on a regular basis, so how can I not return the generosity? 2. What the heck. I could be missing out on something good. That's where the "Open Mind" comes in. I figured we would conquer one movie at a time, and I have them until Friday, so that should have been enough time to get it done-if I even made it past the first one. I am notorious for falling asleep watching movies. WELL. I was up until 2am, and watched every bit of all three movies and they were GREAT. I need to watch them a few times more, because it's quite confusing the first time around. But the movies were awesome. The creativity and imagination is unbelievable. I'm glad I didn't take a close minded approach, and say...."Nah.....you watch them.....I'm not feeling it. I don't like that stuff."

NOW, anyone who has seen these movies knows where "PRECIOUS" comes in. This once hobbit/little thingy with stringy hair and big bugged out eyes and transparent skin who is in desperate need of dental work walking around butt naked called "The Ring" "PRECIOUS". I will say in the beginning I found him very amusing and was getting quite a kick out of his schizophrenia, but by the end of the last movie I wanted to rip him through the screen and choke him like a chicken.

No comments: