Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why I love/hate Summer Camp


Why I Love it........

Building Strong Kids!

By choosing YMCA Day Camp you are choosing more than a summer day care service. Your child will learn and grow through our carefully-planned, mission-centered curriculum that teaches your child to:
Make Healthy Choices
Build Relationships
Develop Skills
Become a Servant Leader
The YMCA of Greater Charlotte’s mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.

Healthy Choices
Healthy choices involve the spirit, mind and body. Exercise and nutritious snacks are just the beginning. At the YMCA campers will also learn the character values of respect, responsibility, honesty, caring and faith, helping them develop healthy minds and spirits.

Relationships
Every child needs a mentor! Over the years, hundreds of campers have bonded with our fun, energetic leaders. They also make great friends! These relationships will make your child’s summer camp experience unforgettable.

Skills
At YMCA Day Camp, leaders teach critical life skills to your child -- like teamwork, independence and how to discover a talent or passion.

Servant Leadership
The YMCA values the opportunity to teach your child the importance of serving others. Our youngest campers learn service through simple acts of sharing. As our campers grow up with the YMCA, they learn to be leaders who positively impact their community.
________________________________________________
Why I Hate It..........
Filthy Sneakers
Back Packs filled with wet smelly towels and clothes and sand and dirt
Lost towels and bathing suits and lunch boxes and ice packs
packing lunch every night like your packing it for an army
A complaining un-grateful child that doesn't know how lucky she is to be able to have the experience of summer camp, just because she has to get up in the morning
Endless rants of hand slapping rhymes that play in my head...over and over and over.....My name is...chin chin cha charlie..I know karate...punch you in the stomach...oops I'm sorry...please don't tell my Mommy......IMAGINE HEARING THAT 40 TIMES A NIGHT!!!
Okay. so my hates don't even compare to my likes. I am so grateful that Amber gets to go to summer camp each year. I am a firm believer that if you keep children busy, in a controlled environment, it keeps them out of trouble. P.S. What I love the most is that I don't have to pay for it. ;0) Thanks Dad.


No comments: