Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bright Ideas...

I would love to meet the mastermind behind the idea of making all cheesecake $1.50 for the 30th anniversary of the restaurant. I would also love to meet the person that decided to send out emails, post the news on "The View", and all other brilliant advertising ideas. That individual is obviously not a server, bartender, line cook, prep cook, dishwasher, host, or manager for the Cheesecake Factory. This had to be the biggest disaster in Cheesecake history. The bakery was an hour in the hole all night long. There was no extra staff to accommodate, due to lack of room. We ordered the cheesecake at the same time we ordered their meals, if they even got a meal, and they waited, ate, were boxed up, and paid out...and still waiting...waiting...waiting for their cheesecake. Needless to say I made more money Monday night and I was home by 9:30, and I got home at 12:30am last night. We had to stop taking names at 9pm just to accommodate all the people that were already in the building by 11pm. Not to mention all of the people who were delusional and thought they could order 5 extra pieces to-go at $1.50. One slice per guest. Pretty cut and dry-right? None of us got to eat, nor did we get a piece of cheesecake for $1.50. Not yet anyway. What a disaster. I will never work a special event again. Bright idea......

1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

Having worked in a restaurant as both a waitress and a hostess I can certainly testify that it is not an easy job - and not one that we as diners should think is.

This was I am sure a way to reward loyal customers in an economy that is not thriving - however I agree with all you said.

Another night I don't advise working on - New Years Eve - I did it once.....