Thursday, July 3, 2008

Nuthin' Wisdom-Like about 'em

Wisdom teeth. They serve no purpose but to torture us each individually, all in good time. 9 out of 10 people you know has a wisdom tooth horror story to share. Well, I still have mine. 3 are in, one is coming through, and until now, they never bothered me. At the price it costs to remove them, I had 2 choices. 1. Leave well enough alone, and 2. Tie a string to them...and the door knob...slam the door....you know. So I left them alone...and sure enough, one of them has decided to rear it's ugly head. I was taking it like a man. The pain would come and go...and I was o.k. with it. Last night took a turn for the worse, and I found myself on the way to the emergency room (where my handsome boyfriend happens to work) crying hysterically, and asking God to make the pain stop. Begging actually. This is unusual behavior for me. I'm tough. I have 5 tattoos, I gave birth naturally to 2 children with no drugs. I can take some pain. Well I never knew a tooth ache could cause so much pain. The pain stemmed from my tooth, to my head, to my ear, and through all of this I tried to eat dinner because almost nothing can stop me from eating, and that seemed to aggravate it even more. BAD IDEA. SO, antibiotics and pain pills are holding me over until I can get to the oral surgeon who is going to tell me they all need to come out and I need to give him a 5 million dollar down payment. Oh Joy. When I was praying for the pain of a toothache to go away-such a measly prayer, pain and all, I was thinking about Ferris and Wade Joye, and the HUGE prayers we are all praying for them right now. You can read their story here and here. Their faith is untouchable.

No comments: