Sunday, August 31, 2008

Am I Being-Have?

Behave. This is a word that all of us parents use. It's used in all different ways....

As a threat:
If you don't behave__________.(fill in the blank)

As an observation:
You are not behaving.

In frustration:
Can you behave for five minutes?

My personal favorite-The demand:
YOU NEED TO BEHAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, my voice escalates when my blood starts to boil. It's something I struggle with, but I am making a conscious effort to decrease how often I let things make my blood boil. I've come to the conclusion that the raising of the voice doesn't bring results any quicker. Anyway, the point of the post is the cuteness of my sons little mind. Picture this...your at the end of your rope, you tell your child that they NEED TO BEHAVE, and moments after doing the right thing, he turns to you and says ever so sweetly.........

"Mommy, am I being-have???????"

No comments: