Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Day of School-1983?/More Recipies

This is the outfit that Amber picked out for her first day of 5th grade. In 2008. That is not a stylish pink cast, that is a hot pink arm sock. She just got those, and loves them dearly. She borrowed some of my jewelry to finish off the look. What do you think? Does it make you want to sing "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"? or "I Tumble for Ya...I tumble for Ya"....I will do another "First Day of School" post, this is just a preview.
Notice the carnation Pink jeans!
This was dinner tonight. I found out about the sauce on Holly's blog if you want the info, and added some fresh veggies to it, and made it Arrabiata style. Kickin' it up a notch, because I love spicy food!. It was the best dish I've had so far, but I am a true pasta lover.
This was lunch. A modified Santa Fe Salad. Lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, green onions, fresh cilantro, tortilla chips, (this is all organic.)
Here it is with the avocado tomato dressing recipe that my church gave us. It's simple, and delicious. 2 avocados, 1 tomato, Italian herbs, and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Throw it in the blender, and your good to go. You can even add a little Smuckers all Natural peanut butter and cilantro in the dressing for a true Santa Fe dressing, but I wanted to try it the way the recipe read at first. Delicious. I have enough for lunch tomorrow too.

1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

There is NO throw-back in this world as CUTE as MY NIECE!!!

Go Madonna......