Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I love my kids...both of them

Sometimes I look through my blog, and I see a whole lot about Alex, and not so much about my daughter, the beautiful Miss Amber. One obvious reason is that Alex is at an age that you can talk about until your blue in the face, and I promise you if i had a blog when Amber was little, I probably would have posted about her every 15 minutes, as I was a beyond obsessed first time mother that could have made every move she made into a storybook.

The more cut and dry reason that you don't hear a whole lot about my big girl on this blog is because she has asked me specifically not to blog about her. She feels it's embarrassing, and it invades her privacy. The general blogs about days out with friends, or the one about her room, she's fine with entries like that, but as for her personal trials that she goes through at the very tender age of 10, (like the exhausting drama we had yesterday that she made 15 phone calls to find out that not one of her friends are in the same class as her this year) she would prefer I not publish her business. I have to respect that. There are many times that I would love to just use the toilet by myself, and I ask my kids to respect my privacy, so I need to treat her with the same respect. How many Mommy's out there actually get to use the bathroom alone? Anyway, that's why you don't hear a whole lot about her on here. But she's awesome and I love her to pieces and I have 2 of the best children that God ever created and when I run in the morning and open my arms up to the Lord and thank Him for all of my blessings, I'm sure all of the people driving down 51 think I'm a crazy person.

1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

Never worry what people think - give Him all the praise He deserves.