Sunday, August 3, 2008

Operation Amber's Room

When Amber's birthday rolled around this year,(May) she said she wanted a "Big Girl" room. So for her birthday she got a new comforter set from Target as you can see here. Her room is always an over-crowded mess. Too much stuff in a not-so-big space. Well, Amber has begun her summer gallivant, leaving me behind, because frankly, someones got to stick around here and pay the bills-right? She left for New York on Friday to spend a week with Papa, and then she will be home for 1 day before she is headed to my sisters for a day of pampering, and then off to the beach with my mother for 6 days. What a life. anyway, it has given me the time to get her room the way I want it, without her standing over me saying..."No Mom! I need that!". Or "No Mom! I still use that!" My mother came over and helped me. She loves doing this kind of stuff! We moved pictures, hung up shelves, and did small things that made a big difference! I should have taken a "before" picture!




She wanted a full length mirror for a while now. This one has 6 slots for your favorite photos, and was very cheap from walmart! I never get anything expensive for the kids rooms because kids love to change their rooms!


She may die when she sees how empty her closet is. As for her lack of clothing, she was being sassy last week, and I took all of her name brand clothes away from her. She has to earn them back. That's a whole other post.....

2 comments:

Marie Marsicano said...

It looks AWESOME!!! You and mommy did a great job.

I wonder how long it will look like this once she gets home!!!

Anonymous said...

looks great...