Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Here we go again...

My car. It has been acting up lately. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it takes several turns of the key, and sometimes it takes a jump. I do have one of those jumper box thingies so I don't have to ask anyone for help. Nothing sexier than seeing a woman, with her children in the car, with the hood up, connecting the battery charger, and jumping her own car. That's glamour for you. Sunday, I had to leave my car at church and walk home because I didn't feel like dealing with it in a white dress. I have had to buy a new battery, and a new starter, AND new tires within this past year, and that's enough car maintenance for me. If you don't recall the starter story, you can read about it here. It was quite an experience. I dropped my truck of this morning after I got stuck at Walmart last night, and couldn't get the thing started. Even with the box. At 10:30 at night. And I don't like strangers. I checked back to that post I just mentioned, and I saw that I purchased the starter less than a year ago, so I called Goodyear. The warranty is either 1 year, or 12,000 miles. I just spoke to them, and it is the starter. And I am about 500 miles away from the expiration of the warranty! YYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a WOOP WOOP? If I recall correctly, that cost me close to $500.00. I usually put things off until the last moment. I'm so glad I decided to get this looked at now. I would have been so mad at myself if I had waited. I also would have been riding a bicycle around because I am not in the position to be able to drop $500.00 on anything. I'm so excited and thankful, and relieved. I prayed specific prayers about this all morning. They were answered!

No comments: