Friday, September 12, 2008

Insane Memory Lane part 2

Okay, your already laughing-right? When I was in high school, this car, and all other alike, were the IT cars. Guido goodness-I know. There was actually a back row in the parking lot of my high school where everyone that had a car like this would back it in, and it was literally called "Guido Row". Most of them had some type of "Freestyle" music saying across the top of their windshield too. I'm dyin' laughing right now....."Fantasy Girl", "Fantasy Boy", "Hypnotic", "I'll House You", these are titles of freestyle songs from back in the day.....you know.....or do you? Maybe you don't, but it is what it is. Anyway, 2 of my friends had these cars. One was an IROC convertible, and one was this car pictured here, but it was black. My very bestest friend Joanne aka "JoJo". She used to drive me home from school everyday. I didn't have a cool car, as a matter of fact, I didn't have a car at all! Now...the insanity begins.......

I get out of the car in front of my house on a cool fall day. I remember wearing an over sized orange sweater(eeewww), and some jeans. It was a Friday night, and we had a $3.00 party that night. That's when you pay three dollars to stand in someones back yard because their parents are out of town and they provide unlimited supplies of keg stands. No. I've never done a keg stand. Anyway, we discussed our evening, and out I went. Walking behind the back of the car closely because I lived on a busy street, my sweater got caught on the spoiler. Off she went, and so did I. Did I scream? NOPE. Did I bang on the car? NOPE. I was in shock. My thoughts were..."I'm going to die." "This is it." I started running with the car....why? I have no idea. Eventually my feet went out from under me, and I was dragging on the floor. Eventually my sweater gave out, and I fell to the floor between 1/4 and 1/2 mile down the road. She heard the thump, and finally stopped. I jumped up like a mad woman, and ran to her car. The classic question that we still laugh about to this day..."Did I run you over?" I was laughing so hard and scared and flustered and relieved all at the same time. I tried to tell her what happened, but she wasn't grasping it. I went inside, and just sat on my bed for a while. I was afraid to tell my parents because I figured they would never let me in a car with my friends again. I had road rash on my right leg and arm from my knee down, and from my wrist to my elbow. Still made it to the party. Even wore the sweater so when we told the story, we had a visual.

When I think back about all of these incidents, and I know there is more, I know that God has plans for me, because He could have taken me with Him so long ago several times!

1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

Because all is well I will go on the record and say that after all of these years I am just about in tears when laughing about this!!!

Mostly at Joanne - practically a scholar - asking "did I run you over???"