Friday, September 5, 2008

Which Way to Go.....

Ever feel the pain of the crossroads? Regardless of which way you go, it's all bitter-sweet. There's always something to lose. Even if that something isn't what God wants for you, even if it's not really your hearts desire, the sting of change still gets ya...no matter what. I feel like God is pruning the heck out of me, and frankly, I feel that he's trying to strip me down to nothing, and wanting to give me a fresh start. A clean slate. Maybe that's what I need. A new start. In every aspect. Maybe it's time to stop trying to "make things happen", and hand over the reigns. Stop trying to go after what I think I want, and just seek His guidance. Maybe then and only then will I receive the peace and stability that I am longing for. The feeling of thinking your making progress, only to slam into a brick wall is exhausting. Sometimes victorious moments are just that...moments. Not life changing events. But we still need to be thankful for them.

On a lighter note, the tattoo itch is getting stronger and stronger, and my inner voice that was saying..."Your starting to look like a biker woman, and when your old and wrinkly all of these tattoos are going to look awful" is fading out into the abyss. The area between my neck and mid-back is screaming out..."INK ME!! INK ME PLEASE!!!" Or is that the devil in disguise? I'm not sure. All I know is that the decision is going to be made soon. I'm curious to see which inner voice wins the war.

2 comments:

Marie Marsicano said...

Let's listen to Re-Re's very loud voice saying - YOU DO NOT NEED another tattoo!!!

You already look like a biker chic.

Didn't we just discuss that when Re-Re says something you are like Whatever - but if God says the same thing to you - you listen...

LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

I think your tattoo's are fine. Look at how many David has... I love the fact that he gets them no matter what people might think when they see him. And trust he me he gets alot of evil looks. Him and I are thinking of one that we are going to get together. We were Baptized together and we want to get something to remind us of our first step in our new life. I feel that as long as each of them has a special meaning, get as many as you want.....