Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dancing Machines

I am pretty excited to say that Robert and I have our first dance lesson next week! We are going to have our first dance as husband and wife in style! Sit down ladies...this was his suggestion! He's not exactly a 'dancing machine', so he doesn't want to disappoint. He doesn't want to look like the typical 'walk in place' kinda guy. I thought that was too cute. Although he has been a bit more opinionated than most men when it comes to the wedding. He killed my first color scheme(tan and white with lots of red accents), said I HAVE to throw a bouquet (wasn't planning on that-I think a lot of wedding traditions are cheesy.), so every time he has something to say, I say the same thing..."SHUT UP AND SHOW UP! THAT'S IT. THAT'S YOUR ROLE IN THIS WHOLE THING". I think when we register, we may have a fist fight. We shall see. A few things I won't bend on...there will be no chicken dance, there will be no "the bride cuts the cake, the bride cuts the cake..feeds the groom....blah blah blah...I swear I have man like tendencies. Luckily, he is compliant. I didn't even want an actual wedding cake, but my whole family was going to kill me for that one. As for my shoes-no one can tell me what to wear....snicker..snicker...

As for the dance-I wanted to start out with something traditional, and then have the record sccccrraaaaattcchhh..and then the music change to some old school disco, and bust out the robot, but guess what? HE KILLED IT. Party pooper. If I were able to orchestrate this whole wedding by myself, it probably would have been something you have never seen before. Maybe it's better that I can't. I know my sister thinks so. Right?

1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

I have spoken to Auntie about the shoes - she is wanting a compromise - my way for the ceremony - your way for the reception!!! I will keep your secret though.

The cake - I fought hard on this - I wanted at least a picture of them with the cake - Robert however has taken this to a whole new level!!!

A traditional wedding would not be my sister and we all know it - we are just hoping for a mix of both tradition and Colleen.....