Thursday, February 12, 2009

Doin' it Well

Okay so I am sure that we all said on December 31st 2008 that this year, we were going to eat better, and exercise more. I was curious now that we are headed into February...... how are we all doing with this? I'm sure there are some that are doing awesome, some that didn't last a week, and some that are just getting over the hump of missing junk, and embracing healthy eating. That would be me. I'm kind of past the point of 'craving' this and that. Don't get me wrong, I made a late night run for an Oreo Mcflurry not too long ago, but I am for the most part doing pretty well. Here is today's menu.

ENERGY BREAKFAST

Left over grilled chicken breast
Fresh Spinach
Fresh Mushrooms
Egg Whites

All cooked in cooking spray. No butter. No toast. Low Carb, high protein breakfast. Very filling and delicious.



TURKEY WRAP

"Flat Out' light flat bread-100% whole wheat (90 calories, high in fiber)
Sliced Turkey Breast
Tomato
Onion
Lettuce
Avocado
Seasoning to taste

Simple. tasty. Plenty of food. Takes all of 3 minutes to prepare.


I forgot to take a picture of dinner! But it is my children's very favorite meal.
Lemon Shrimp

Flour Shrimp (flour, s/p, seasoning if you like-I put lemon-pepper seasoning) and saute in a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil and cooking spray

Squeeze fresh lemon over the shrimp generously while cooking

Prepare a steamed veggie on the side (we did broccoli)

Cook enough for a 'side' of Orzo pasta (wish I could find these in wheat)

After you done cooking your shrimp, don't clean the pan. In a bowl, blend equal amounts of chicken broth, and lemon juice. Add 2 tbs of cornstarch, and pour into hot skillet. This will bubble and thicken. There's your healthy lemon sauce. Who said you need butter to have a good lemon sauce? You can pour it over everything, or just the pasta, it's up to you. No matter what-it's delicious!

Eating healthy can get boring if you don't try different things. If you start your day out with healthy eating and exercise, chances are you will want to 'stay in good form' for the rest of the day. Happy Healthy Eating.....

1 comment:

Charity said...

Hi! I came to your blog by clicking "top charlotte blogs" on traffic feed. I picked yours because I also have a food blog. Not everything is healthy, but my family has the same goal to work towards healthier eating and living habits this year. Check it out if you want.

Turkey wraps are my favorite lunch!