Sunday, March 22, 2009

Showered With Love

Today was my Wedding Shower!! We had an amazing time, and my sister threw an over-the-top party. She really out did herself this time, and I am so thankful for her. Before I get into the pics, I want to say how thankful I am to have all of these lovely ladies in my life. They are truly a blessing to me. In addition to all that you are about to see, I was also given gift certificates to cover my hair and nails for the day of the wedding! My sweet friend Jill gave me a beautiful Iron Cross to hang on my wall, with vinyl lettering to put above it that says...TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART. One of my favorite gifts for sure. I actually started off my day with an incredible message from PF at 8:30 service. You should watch it here sometime Monday afternoon.

We ALSO got an AMAZING joint early wedding gift from a trio of seasoned married couples who have walked through trials in life and stuck together through thick and thin. They wrote us a beautiful letter, and along with it was a wedding night stay for Robert and I at The Duke Mansion!!!!! Can you believe? First a week long stay in Charleston from Marie and Joe, and now this!! 2 things that weren't in the budget for us! AMAZING gifts! Even more AMAZING people!

Alright. Ready?


This cake. YES. That's the cake. I don't even know what to say. I should have had Regina make my wedding cake! Look at this thing! All of the layers were different flavors too. I guess you can say I finally found my Prince. Thank you so much Regina!!

I introduce to you Miss Vivian. She has been in our family for quite some time. Depending on the occasion, she is either in evening wear draped in diamonds, or she's gone Geisha, or she sports Santa's jacket and belt and rocks fish net stockings during the holidays. Either which way, no matter the attire or hair color, she's always around. Today, she wore my bridesmaids dress. Strange you say? I don't ever recall saying the Corbett family was 'normal'. Have I?
My mother and my big girl.

Me and my favorite girl in the whole world.

Bri, Amber, Kennie and Danielle.

Displaying the favors that we made with Small Group. They were a hit! People were leaving with more than one for sure!!

Here is just a small portion of the spread, compliments of my brother, and Panera Bread.

Marie printed out the blog post that Robert wrote, framed it, and put it on display for everyone to read. His Mom and sisters really loved it. This was a great idea!

I wanted to lay these gifts out better, but just didn't have the energy. You wouldn't believe all of the great gifts we got! They are really going to help me to be the wonderful wife I hope to be. I'm still getting used to that. I am going to be a wife. WOW!
Honestly, I didn't get very many pics. I am hoping my sister will do a post too with the pictures that she took. I couldn't have dreamed for a better day.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a great day! I hate that we had to miss it. I'm so glad that you were showered with so many great gifts and friends. Can't wait to celebrate with you on your wedding day.