Friday, April 24, 2009

Guest Blogger - Joann Scicutella

See Joann's "bio" on Marie's Blog.



It's not everyday you meet a man like Big Dan who touches your soul in such a way that you could never, ever forget him. Big Dan was a very kind and generous man with a great big heart. If you were fortunate enough to know him, you were very blessed.



Big Dan was the dad everyone wished they had and the friend you always hoped for. He worked hard, played hard and lived life to the fullest.



Although I had my own dad, who was a great man, Big Dan was like a father to me. Big Dan was a family man who loved and cherished his family immensely. He always had a big smile on his face when his children were around. He was a man who would be there for you no matter what time of day or night and of course, with a sense of humor, words of wisdom and willing to give you the shirt off his back if need be.



He was very light hearted and extremely funny. He was the only man I knew that would sit and talk to you for hours on end, and actually listen, as long as you buttered the rolls!!! LOL



You could talk to him about anything, he was always willing to help you. He had a unique way of helping others turn bad situations into good. He always helped me see the positive side of things and after talking with him I always felt better. He liked to see people happy.



For me he was the sunshine on a cloudy day - other than my dad he is the only man I knew who was so giving and caring to others. I guess that is why God made them friends.



Big Dan was a positive influence in my life, it was an honor to have such a great man. He was my friend and I will never forget him.



I learned a lot from Big Dan - here are a few things he taught me:



1. Everyone is Irish on St. Patty's Day, but that was his holiday period.....

2. When working do it right the first time or don't do it at all.....

3. Don't ever ask others to do something you wouldn't do yourself.....

4. Don't ever mix business with pleasure, business is business.....

5. Always stay true to yourself.....

6. When at work don't ever say I don't know, cause I don't know don't work here.....

7. MY FAVORITE - The bus doesn't stop at 7-11 so why are you standing around.....



Love and Miss You Dan

Your Forever Friend,

Joann

No comments: