Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Lovely Date Night

Robert and I had a date tonight. We haven't had a date in quite some time. In two weeks from now, we will be at our wedding! WOW! 2 weeks! We are so excited. We just can't wait.

First of all, I want to say that anyone that lives here in Charlotte NEEDS to go to Senor Tequila Cantina Grill. Ever hear of it? You probably never have. I would say this is our most popular date spot. It is an authentic, cozy Mexican restaurant on Rea Rd. in the Piper Glen area, and it is just delicious. The restaurant is probably the same size as your living room, and that's okay, because the food is amazing! Please check it out, you will be so happy that you did.

We had the best conversations. It's really nice to be alone, with no distractions, except for a beautiful little boy that was at the table next to us. His father even playfully turned his highchair around, and was trying to give him to us! I would have taken him...it's no secret that I absolutely love babies.

We talked about how we are praying for God to bless our marriage. We also pray that He blesses us with a baby. We discussed the bible, and Robert continues to amaze me with how he knows the book from front to back. He teaches me new things every day. We talked about our kids, and how important it is to us to raise them to know the Lord, for all that He is, all that He means to us, and all that He's done for us.

I am so thankful and humbled by all that the Lord has done in my life in the past 2 years. A life renewed. Better than I could have ever imagined...

2 comments:

Marie Marsicano said...

It is nice to hear you and Robert getting the opportunity to be a couple....

You are both awesome parents and don't have much couple/alone time like most of us did in our dating stages.

I hope you are blessed with all that you and Robert want in life.

Because of Love said...

Now I have a new place to add to my date night list. Sounds yummy, and I am glad you got to have a little time alone together.