Tuesday, June 9, 2009

An UnGodly Day

What a day. Don't judge me. Admitting your sins out loud is a good thing.

Today was Amber's end of the year blast. It was at the community pool by her school. It was amazing. Swimming, DJ, dunking tank, big jumping/sliding/climbing moon bounce type thing, tons of food and decorations and activities. I was so impressed. After I got my bearings and calmed down.

There is a child in Amber's school that she doesn't get along with. Never did. Probably never will. Their personalities do not mesh. They aggravate each other. They had an argument today, and that child went to her mother and told her. Her mother was the Co-Chair for the event, and is also a member of the PTA.

I walked in to Blast, to see this woman hovering over my child, 2 inches from her face, screaming at her, pointing in her face, embarrassing and disrespecting my daughter.

BIG mistake lady. HUGE.

in about 1 second:

SNAP (The temper flares)

adrenaline hits the tipping point

I got the shakes

Momma bear comes out

I'm in this lady's FACE at a school function. I had said 'excuse me' three times, but she was so engrossed in yelling at my child that she didn't hear me until my daughter saw me, and a calm came over her intimidated little body, and she uttered with pride and relief...'Here's my Mom'. I gave it to her. I gave it to her good. My head and hands were flying. She never did expect me to walk up at that moment. She was shocked. A few things I am proud of:

I didn't curse at her.

I didn't push her down on the ground like I really, really wanted to.

I did get loud with her, and I did tell her to never, ever, get in my child's face again. But maybe I didn't say it quite like that. She later did try to apologize to me. WRONG. She owed my daughter the apology, not me. I told her I didn't want to hear it and to stay away from my daughter.

Not very Christ like. I wasn't ready for her apology. I am so glad that our God would never say such a thing to me. I felt convicted. I asked for forgiveness for all of my actions in those few yet insane moments. (this lasted all about 1 minute).

Problem is,

I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I lost my temper, but I am justifying it with 'good reason'.

I am still harboring anger and resentment.

Tomorrow is a new day. I am so happy and thankful that I can start over again. Forgiven. Renewed. There is so much freedom in being a believer in Christ.

5 comments:

♥ Karen Luke ♥ said...

I think part of God is smiling down at you because you were there for your child in a moment where she really needed you, just like He is there for us. In some strange way...He understands!! And I think it's hilarious that you walked up on that awful woman and probably embarrassed the you know what out of her!! =]

Cheryl said...

You go girl !!!!!!!!!!

She had no right and you did what a mother should have done.

Marie Marsicano said...

From Aunt Regina:

I will say one thing. That mother has some nerve yelling at another child. I don’t even yell at my nieces and nephews (unless someone is in physical danger).

Who does she think she is and how does she even know what really happened. She only got her daughters version of the story and there are always two sides. I have been in that situation and reacted the same way. We need to protect out babies! Oh and although I don’t yell at other kids I would yell at any adult who acted that way toward any of our kids!

Marie Marsicano said...

From Penny Jeter:

We must protect our babies. That mom failed to process that Amber is just as precious as her daughter. I probably would have let her hold it and felt bad afterwards also. However, make no mistake, if you attack my child you best bring you “A” game!

Because of Love said...

So sad that mom
#1 ruin your and Amber's day,
#2 set such a horrible example to everyone there
#3 Treated a child like that!

It is part of your job as a momma to protect your child. So, I wouldn't feel bad about it.

Sorry that you had to deal with all that!