Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pollo Parmigiano

AKA: Chicken Parm. Dinner tonight. My whole family can't move from over eating. That makes an Italian woman so happy.

Bread and fry your chicken cutlets. (put grated cheese, salt and pepper in your eggs, and use Italian breadcrumbs)

Make your sauce. I guess you could use jar sauce, but my Mom would kill me, so I make my own. Crushed tomatoes, fresh garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, basil, oregano....all to taste. I can't give you a recipe for that. Just wing it. Make enough for the chicken, and the pasta.

Put a layer of sauce in the bottom of your Pyrex. (love my Pyrex)
I don't layer my chicken, because then your cheese sticks, and you lose a lot of it. I suggest one layer. All the while, start your water for your pasta.
Lay your chicken, and cover with sliced Mozzarella, as thick as you would like. The more cheese the better for me. top it with some more sauce. Bake in the oven until cheese is melted-not burnt.

Flaky biscuits with butter are always a crowd pleaser, or go with the traditional garlic bread.


I wish I could brake down the recipe better, but it's just not one of those dishes. But it's delicious. You should try it. Give yourself some time. It's about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish.

1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

I love that we both picked up the importance of taking care of our family and eating dinner together.

Daddy would be very proud.