Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Blues

What started off with terrible news at school yesterday, followed by a horrible nightmare, and topped off with an attitude from an 11 year old, has turned my day into a day of waterworks. I have accomplished nothing, and do not intend to either.

I found out yesterday that a child in the TK program has been diagnosed with leukemia. Her Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer 6 months ago. A mother of a child in the 2's class and a child in kindergarten died in her sleep this week. She was 34. I'm not sure of her illness, or if there was one. I know she was dropping off and picking up as recent as Friday. I've watched a Mom of a child in my class lose her father to cancer over the past 2 weeks, and it has brought back some haunting memories. A friend at the restaurant has a neighbor that was fighting alcoholism. During his detox, while trying to sleep in his bed, he suffocated/choked on vomit, and passed away at 44. He was found by his 12 year old son when he came home from school.

Big Alex got a heartfelt birthday card from his father today, and he called me to tell me about it. This makes me a sad happy, because there have been many times in life that their relationship has been strained, to say the least.

Tomorrow night should be the night that my father would be repeatedly saying "Make sure my presents are piled up on the table when I wake up in the morning" for his birthday, which is Thursday.

When my husband came home this morning, and saw how rattled I was, he lost 5 years off of his life. He thought something happened to the baby. He was shaking like a leaf. I should have warned him before he got home.

I'm disgusted with myself because even after all of that news, I let my daughters hormones get the best of me this morning. How selfish. If her hormones are my biggest worry, I should be thanking God for that.

I think I will go back to bed now while my little man is asleep. Praying for a better day tomorrow.

No comments: