Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Game

Amber wanted to go to the JV football game last Thursday. Just stay after school, and go to the game, and I would pick her up at 6:30. She said: "There will be police officers and security guards there." I said....."That's nice".

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a good laugh, right? Me. Send my daughter to a football game. With no supervision. 11 years old. I told her, of course you can go to the game.....with me.

Of all the kids she knew there, I was the only mother there that came to supervise. I had 2 kids ask me for a ride home. WOW. Not only did their Mom send them to the game, they didn't know how their child was getting home? She said one of her friends laughed that she couldn't go to the game without me. I'm glad she got a good laugh.

It was so hot and I was miserable, but she really wanted to go, so I went. She had so much fun.

When we were on our way home, she said "Mom, we would have done the same exact thing that we did whether you were there or not." So I explained to her-it's not that I think you are going to do something wrong, I just want to watch over you, and make sure that you are safe.

Then she said..Mom, I know why you come. Just to watch me...and be there in case I get hurt....I understand. It's okay Mom. I like when you come.

*SIGH* SHE GETS IT!!!!

1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

My girl Sammy!!!

I love how Amber doesn't mind grown-ups being around her. When the two of us were running errands for the dance studio on Saturday I grabbed her and in a parking lot - then I remembered she was in Middle School now and I said - Oh, I'm sorry babe, it that embarrasing - she said "Oh no Re-Re, I don't mind at all."

I love spending time with her - she was so helpful and happy for all the girls who were dancing on Saturday - I hated to see our visit come to an end.