Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's HERE.

Venus Music & Arts Festival. A dream of my husbands for about 15 years. I haven't said much about it, because frankly, up until the very last minute, we weren't sure if we were going to be able to pull it off. We started with a big zero dollars, and wound up raising close to $30,000 in sponsorship. That alone warmed my husbands heart that people believe in what he was trying to accomplish. Robert and his associate have been working endlessly on the festival for the past 6 months. It is a 3 day festival of Music, Art, dance, food, and much much more. DJ's are coming from Israel, Chicago, California, Washington, Maryland, Tennessee, Georgia, Colorado, and all over the Carolinas. There is:

A full camp ground with a camp site competition.
A Fire Artist Competition
A Pro Graffiti Team Exhibition
The Venus Art Market (Art exhibition, Glass Blowing, Metal Workers, Painters, Sketchers, and Costume designers.)
With These Hands Mix Academy(teaching how to mix music)
The History of Electronic Dance Music which features over 70 of the top artists of our time.

Visuals by Peter Parker (Parkerism.com)

Dancers by Archedream

This festival is going to be amazing. We are so excited. I am headed there right after school tomorrow, and will stay there until sometime Sunday night. My husband was kind enough to book me a hotel. I'm definitely not feeling like camping at this stage in the pregnancy game. I'm working the door Friday night. The rest of the weekend, I plan to soak in Robert's success, and watch the look on his face as the people keep pouring in. I've been praying for provision, and now I'm praying for the people, and the weather. I hope to post photos of a very full festival come Monday. Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: