Sunday, October 18, 2009

Manners

I don't care what year it is, I am going to make sure my son has proper manners. I already use the phrase 'ladies first' as often as possible. I'm trying to teach him to hold doors and let the ladies go first too. A little manners go a long way.

2 times this week I ate at work standing up while men sat in the available chairs, and not one of them offered me their seat. I'm sorry, but pregnant or not, if your a man, and your sitting down, and there is a woman standing up with no seat, GET UP. Offer at the very least. Who doesn't teach their boys these things? Won't they want this for their daughters one day if they have any?

My husband has these manners. If I come in the door with bags, he runs over to grab them out of my hands, and then goes and gets the rest. He opens doors, car doors, he was brought up with old school manners. THANK GOD FOR THAT.

I'm done.

2 comments:

Marie Marsicano said...

Be sure to focus as much on Amber and make sure she sets her "expectations" to find someone with these manners.

I tell Danielle all the time - be sure you marry someone just like your dad - listen to me babe this is very important - marry someone just like daddy.

Anonymous said...

Good GURL !!! Keep it up.. You and Robert stick with it.. It pays off in the long run.. I didn't always have my manners either... But then again.. Have you eva met my mother.. She carries a BIG PUNCH... LOL.. Much Love TEXAS