Monday, October 26, 2009

What Marriage Means to me.

Me and Colly have been married for a whole 6 months now. Its been quite a journey for me so far and its about to get even more interesting with another new family member on the way. Colly asked me to be her guest blogger and I said sure even though I really didn't want to. ( File that under the sacrifice and devotion section of marriage. ) Not that good at this whole blogging thing but I love my wife so if it's important to her for me to blog then I blog. Come to think about it...There's not much I don't do when she asks me to do it, whatever It may be. ( Note: Might take 2 hours to 2 days to get it done but it gets done. ) So here it goes. ( Note: Colly asked me to blog 2 days ago.)

What I've learned!

I thought a Honey Dew was a type of fruit that grew on a vine like a watermelon.................Nope, sorry guys. Turns out a Honey Dew is really a Honey Do and its a list that grows on a piece of paper and it keeps growing year around no matter how many times you harvest. Imagine that.

I've learned that there's more to breakfast and dinner than cereal and turkey sandwiches........I've also learned how to eat at the dinning room table instead of eating over the kitchen sink. ( Note: Saved me from cleaning the kitchen table. )

No more drinking out of the container. ( Note: Again, saves me from washing a glass out. )( Note 2: Nana will kill me! )

I've learned how to gain weight gracefully. (Note: My wife being pregnant is no excuse.)

All joking aside. Its not just me anymore. I've been given a gift from God to be a husband and a father. To lead my family in the best way I know how and in a way that would make God and my wife proud. I had to let go of those things that I held onto as a child for I am a child no more, I am a man and God has called me to be more than what I was before I was married. I said my vows and made a promise before God to love my wife from now until forever, in sickness and in health till death do us part and that's what I'll do.

I've been blessed with a wonderful, understanding, patient, loving wife and 3 1/2 awesome kids. ( Note: That half will soon make 4. ) It's been 6 months since we said our vows but it feels like it was yesterday. I've only known Colleen for 2 yrs but I feel like I've known her my whole life. We have a very loving marriage and I couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

Very sweet BOBBY - and funny too. Must you call out my mother on the internet!!! But it is good you know to fear her at times. :)

I am very happy for the both of you and that we will be expanding our ever so large family again in March.