Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bella May Rose Gebhardt

Do you like that name for a baby GIRL?

Yes, we are having a little, healthy, beautiful baby girl. Let me break her name down for you.

From the start of this pregnancy, my husband has wanted to name a baby girl after his grandmother. Her name was May Belle. 2 separate words that over the years, became one. Everyone called her Maybelle. So we flipped it. Bella May it is. Robert got his wish, and I got a little Italian twist on it, since the word 'Bella' means 'Beautiful' in Italian. A little southern, a little Italian, but beautiful just the same.

Rose is my mother. This will be her tenth grandchild. I wanted to honor her by giving the baby her name. This WILL be her last grandchild. (we said that 3 babies ago, but this time, it's for real.)

We will call her Bella. Unless she's in trouble, of course.

My husband threw his hands up in victory in the sonogram room in front of the technician. We knew we were having a girl since the day we found out we were having a baby. They really check the baby extensively when you are over 35. Kind of freaked me out. Genetic counseling and everything. The doctor said, and I quote, "Consider yourself 22 and pregnant." That's how great everything looks. We are so blessed.

6 comments:

dawn said...

so excited that you are having a baby girl! and what a blessing that everyone is healthy!!! bella is such a sweet name! love it!!

Jim, Heather, Jordan and Madison said...

I could not be more excited for you both!!!! You look amazing and it was truly a treat that I got to see your pretty face and blossoming belly today! Hmmmm, what to get for little Bella....can't wait to shop!
love you!

Lisa said...

I can't wait to meet little Bella. What a sweet name. It's time to bring out the pink. Congrats!

From behind the stethoscope... said...

I couldn't be happier for your family. I think Bella May Rose is a beautiful name. The meaning even makes it all the more beautiful too.

Marie Marsicano said...

I am so happy for you, Robert, Taylor, Amber and Alex....

For some comedy now:

Not so sure she will be "little" - I am feeling a Danielle size baby here.

This ABSOLUTELY better be mommy's last grandchild or she will be arrested for blocking the back window of her van with the kids stickers!!!

Because of Love said...

I know I already told you on Facebook, but I am so happy for you. I am sure she will be beautiful (with a big hair bow on her head!). And I love the name Bella May! (Kinda wish I was 22 and pregnant. I'm just pregnant.)