Thursday, November 19, 2009

I CAN do better

I moved in my current home 3+ years ago. I am embarrassed to admit that in that time, I never emptied out all of my kitchen cabinets, and wiped them down and organized them. They weren't disgraceful, but they weren't exactly neat and orderly. In my defense, I had a lot more important things to do over the past 3 years. Adjust to becoming a single mother to a less than 1 year old and an 8 year old, come to know God, heal, work on me, meet a man, get married, get pregnant....I mean....I've been pretty busy with MUCH more important stuff than this. But did you ever have something that eats at your nerves every single time you look at it? It was time. Today was the day. I emptied every single cabinet and drawer, wiped them all out, and re-arranged them. It took forever, but it's done. I get bonus point too for doing the junk drawer.



I just bought the spice racks, so you could imagine what this cabinet looked like, and how hard it was to find something.
This is my smaller pantry. I have 2 others. All looking similar to this now. Pretty refreshing.
This was a mess. I don't know if under your sink always looks like this, but mine did not.

This will be the biggest challenge, the messiest cabinet in the kitchen. The Tupperware cabinet. I'm going to do my best, but I won't make any promises.
This may be my favorite thing that I did today. I transferred all of my recipes in to this book that I got for my bridal shower. This is something that I have wanted to do for my kids, so they have it, when I'm long gone. Then they can cook all of the meals that they loved that I made for them growing up. Amber will throw out the shepherd's pie recipe, for sure.

1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

You are starting to take after mommy with your "Sleeping with the enemy" closets!!!

Hey - do they still look like this?