Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Ugly Jar


Philippians 2:14 says "Do everything without complaining or arguing"

This message was written by the apostle Paul, who at this time, was in prison, awaiting possible execution. Talk about a positive attitude.

PF has challenged us as a church to participate in a 7 day fast. Nope. Not a fast from food. A fast from complaining and arguing. We were provided with these "ugly jars" that were painted by our children to bring home with us, and each time we complain or argue, we are to put one dollar in the jar. The jars are to be returned next week, and the money will be donated to one of our outreach partners.

I was put to the ultimate test tonight, as I drove home with my husband, who decided we would listen to the Panthers game on an AM, fuzzy, unclear, Gilligan's Island type radio station all the way home.......FROM GREENSBORO. What a prime situation to complain and argue. I made it home successfully, however, our jar already has several dollars in it from both me and Robert, and an I-O-U from Amber in it that will come out of her allowance.

You don't realize how much you complain until your held accountable for it. It's kind of sad actually. I am going to at least aim to have the least dollars in there in this house. We will see.

Psalm 37:4-Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

No comments: