Monday, March 29, 2010

Flag Football

My little man started flag football. He's doing his best not to tackle...he's fighting the urge as best as he can. He has only gone 2 times so far. He is a bit obsessed with his mouth piece. I am hoping that will pass. I went to watch this Saturday for the first time. I was giggling the whole time. He's so cute. I think he is the only 4 year old. The age range is 4-6. They actually have a full game with 4 10 minute quarters, a ref, the whole 9 yards. It's really cute. Kids crying left and right, running in the wrong direction...but hey, you have to start somewhere.

Big Alex is the coach (there's 2). I'm not sure who the experience is more beneficial for-him, or my son. I'm not sure what was more interesting to watch-him, or my son. Kids jumping all over him-he doesn't really take to kids too much unless they are his, or my sisters kids. Lots of patience-not one of his strong suits. sweaty little boys pulling on him and grabbing him (kind of a germ-a-phobe)-so I was happy to see how good he's doing as 'Coach Alex'.

Here are some pics.





1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

I love how excited he was to tell us all about his "game."
It is great to be involved with team activities - especially at such a young age...they learn so much more than just the game.