Monday, March 15, 2010

Gone Deaf

I was thinking that I had gone deaf. Nope. It's just that my son is out of town. He went to the beach with Papa until Friday. Big kids are different, and self sufficient. No one needs me around here right now. I have more free time than I care to have. I know I will be biting my tongue soon enough for saying that, but I am just not used to no one saying..Mommy...Mom...Mom.....Mom...Mom I'm thirsty Mom I'm hungry Mom can you help me with this Mom Amber kicked me out of her room Mom I'm going poopie I'll call you when I'm done Mom do we have any errands to run today? Mom call my name and then I'll come in and dance Mom your under arrest, Mom watch this......nothing. Silence. He only left yesterday. I feel lost without him. He drives me crazy, yet I don't know how I will make it until Friday.

On the flip side, this is a perfect week for 'Mommy-Amber' alone time before the baby comes. We went to the mall and got lunch yesterday. I'm able to talk to my daughter without constant interruptions from my little man. Sometimes, it's hard for Amber to get a word in. She's getting so big and growing and changing so fast, I don't want to miss it because I'm too busy with the little ones, and take for granted that she is big and self sufficient. I don't think this could have happened at a better time. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week with her.

I know I'm not saying much in my final stretch of pregnancy, but the fact is, there's nothing much to say. She's not here, and she will come when it is time. I can't change that, or speed it up. nor do I want to. Nature will take it's course, and soon enough we will all get to see, hold, and love this long awaited baby. That's all I can say about Little Miss Bella.

1 comment:

Jim, Heather, Jordan and Madison said...

Perfect timing is right....this is a week that you and Amber will remember forever, no matter what you do (big or small). Savor this time, because we both know once little Bella arrives, the whirlwind begins. God's gift to you....a week to sit back, cherish your first baby girl, prepare for your new baby girl, and appreciate your baby boy. Love you.