Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gifts of the Heart

My big girl turned 12 on Saturday. Her BFF's got dropped off at about 2:30 that day. We started the day with about a 4-5 inch hair cut. Then we headed to Chuck E Cheese (I guess I can think of worse places a 12 year old could want to go for their birthday). Then we headed to Outback for dinner, and dessert at TCBY. She said she had the 'Best Birthday Ever'. I guess all of those over priced huge toddler birthday parties were a waste of money, considering that she doesn't even remember them (note to new Mom's).

I was so impressed and touched by her gifts from her BFF's Bonny and Sam. They went Thursday evening and painted the rock at her school.

This frame say "there aren't enough words to describe you, these are just a few...don't ever change who you are, I love you and your personality"

A few of the words are: Hip Hop, fashion, loving, cheerful, best friend...it's sooo cute. This was from Sam. She also made her a scrap book that's half full, so they can add to it over the years.

Bonny gave her this Best Friend frame with a pic of the three of them in it sporting their BFF shirts. So cute! She also gave her a Vera Bradley purse in her favorite color-purple. Cookie and brownie mix-she loves both.




The girls really made her birthday so special. I am so thankful that she has Bonny and Sam in her life.

2 comments:

dawn said...

how sweet! i pray that my little girls will have friends as thoughtful and kind as your "little" girl's friends! what a wonderful friendship!

Marie Marsicano said...

How did I miss my chance to comment on this???

I love these girls and I love how they have kept their friendship in tact and keep it so important.

I know from Amber that these gifts meant the world to her...and I am sure she will remember the time her friends put into it.

As someone who loves to give gifts from the heart - I am proud these girls know the importance at such a young age.