Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer nails

This photo of all of the dark colors is my happy place when it comes to nail polish. I'm talking all. year. round. If I go for a pedicure, or polish my toes at home on the first most beautiful day of summer, I'm still reaching for the deep, dark colors. I can't explain why, I don't even know myself. I think about switching it up, but I don't. Until this year. I bought hot pink, and turquoise (when was the last time you heard that word?) nail polish. I have rocked them both, and actually got a lot of compliments on both, but mostly the blue. Now that I've taken the plunge, I kinda like it. It is summery, and fun. And I am learning that your polish isn't always going to match with your outfit. (but your handbag should). I guess I'll 'shelf' my deep hues for a few months. Hey, I'm just thankful I can reach my toes.

1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

Only in the past few years have I gone the summer color route - but it is fun and cheerful and I now love it!!!

I bought Lime Green for Danielle and Amber to use...maybe we should try it. :)