Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Ideas for Children-Sensory Table

Once school is over, I think we all wonder what we are going to do all summer with our children. Alex went to 4 weeks of summer camp, Amber is at dance practice hard core getting ready for Nationals in Myrtle Beach. Alex also started swim lessons today. Tomorrow we start delivering Friendship Trays for the summer. It sounds like a lot, but I couldn't tell you how many times I hear "What are we doing today?"

I made my own sensory table for Alex. Being a preschool teacher, you learn so many great ideas to keep your kids busy and stimulated. Believe it or not, Amber enjoys it too. You can buy one, but they are a lot of money, and if you have a rubber maid and 2 chairs, and some beach toys, your good to go. I had water in ours since spring, but today I switched it over to rice. Yes, it's a little messy, but you can't leave all of the mess for the preschool teachers. :)

You can also do sand, shaving cream, and anything else you can think of that feels good between little fingers. Your children will LOVE it. If you can set it up somewhere covered, it's great for rainy days too. Or set it in the grass, and then there's no mess!!

No comments: