Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of 7th Grade

Yep. 7th grade. Where did the years go? I feel like I was just getting her ready for preschool, and now she is asking me if she can wear make-up. (No.)

Amber got up at 5:30 on her own and got in the shower, blew out her hair, straightened it, and was ready with an hour to spare. If you know my daughter I hope you are laughing your butt off right now. Amber can't get up in the morning. She usually showers at night for that reason. Amber never dries her hair. Amber rarely wears her hair down. She tends to rock the 'housewife' hair. She usually likes to wear sweatpants for comfort. When I got up at 6:15 and she was bright eyed with a towel on her head, I thought I was going to pass out. She was too cute.

She wanted this bag so bad. I can't/won't/ would never spend $55 plus tax on a book bag. Thank you Dad.
She got this lunch box at the beach. I love it, and so does she. I was proud of her for getting it, because all of the girls at her school carry Vera Bradley lunch boxes. She branched out on her own. Go girl!

I can promise you by no later than next Wednesday the girl sitting there will have her hair in a bun, and a puss on her face. I will have my camera handy too.

1 comment:

Jim, Heather, Jordan and Madison said...

Awesome! Can't believe how fast the years are flying.....Jordan just mentioned to me that in 22 months he'll be old enough to have a permit! I was like, baby steps sweetheart, you're only in 7th grade :)

LOVE the lunch box, want one for myself! Glad she had a great first day!